Sunday, April 5, 2015

A Blog to "Discover" My New Home

We recently sold our Maine home of of 35 years, with 22 acres, and have now officially become southwest Florida residents. It was bittersweet to leave a place I loved- a state so full of natural beauty and wildlife. To make up for my "loss",  I have decided to learn about the flora and fauna in Southwest Florida and share it with you! Our home is in a gated private community called Verandah which is only about 10 miles from the ocean as the crow flies, but situated in a more rural area around farms and undeveloped cypress woods and marshes, and bordered by the Orange River which runs into the Caloosahatchee and out into the Gulf of Mexico. One of the things I like about Verandah is we are surrounded by a preserve and have 9 miles of bike and walking trails just for residents within our community. Every day I go for a bike ride and see birds, alligators, snakes, and all kinds of plants. As I get to know my new home, I will share what I find with you. I hope you enjoy my blog and my photographs!

From our 22 acre Maine house ....

To Sabal Point Drive, Fort Myers- in the Verandah Community...


And a pool!


And a pond in the backyard with a sunset view!



And 9 miles of beautiful bike trails through a preserve, between lakes and ponds, boardwalks over the cypress swamps, and along the Orange River!








No comments:

Post a Comment